21 June 2012

Soya Sauce King Prawns (醬油大蝦)

Simply Fresh!!! Soya Sauce King Prawns



My mum always brought me some fresh frozen seafood from my food heaven hometown whenever she visited me.

One of the seafood I love is XL tiger prawn with 10cm in length. The meat texture is much alike lobster. Chewy but slight tough! Steaming and Stir frying XL tiger prawns are probably the best cooking methods. Bare in mind that cooking prawns with their shells if possible as to retain the flavor, moisture and juices.







Thinking of these air flown frozen XL tiger prawns had been in my freezer for almost two months. Shall I steam?? Hmmm, I guess NO-NO.. they would not taste as fresh!!!



Hmm.. Decision made!! Quick and easy cooking method!

Stir Fried! Soya Sauce! ..SOYA SAUCE KING PRAWNS





Making for 2 pax



Ingredients


6 XL Prawns
½ onion
2 cloves garlic
ginger
spring onion


Seasonings:

6 tbsp Soya Sauce (Sweet Type)
2 tbsp Brown Sugar
2 tbsp ShaoXin Wine
1 tsp
Salt
Pepper
 
Methods:


  1. Devein prawns and marinate with salt and pepper. Set aside for 10 minutes
  2. Pre-mix soya sauce and sugar and set aside
  3. Heat wok with oil.
  4. Add onion, garlic and ginger, fry till golden brown
  5. Add in marinated prawns and fry until the prawns shell turns deep orange
  6. Add in mixture soya sauce and keep frying
  7. Add in spring onion. Serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments